Sunday, May 1, 2011

You can save $10 next shopping trip, or more!




I've done it, I'm sure you have to. You have your list and coupons in hand. It's all planned out in your head. And you still end up spending much more then you thought you would! How did that happen?!

First pit fall so many people, including my self fall into is not sticking to the list you made up. How can you curb this habit? Plan ahead, start a rough draft of your shopping list two or three days in advance. That sounds weird doesn't it? Keep a running list on your fridge or by your computer of things you need as you find that you need them. It helps trust me. Before you go shopping, go over your list one more time. Cross out things you don't need. Have 10 rolls of toilet paper? Even if you have a really good coupon do you really need 5 more? If you do decide to go for the good deal, do you have room for it? If your cabinets are busting at the seams as is you really don't. Things will get lost and not used before they expire!

My rule of thumb is the two aisle rule. Your shopping you see some product you think you need and pick it up right? Well I put these items in the basket in the front of the cart. Once I've gone two aisles away from where the product is I ask myself do I NEED this or do I WANT this. If you don't need it, then don't buy it. :) Also, don't just throw said item on the shelf anywhere, return it where it goes or hand it to the cashier when you go to check out. The store will appreciate this as will the employees!

These things really do add up. Impulse buys can cause havoc for the most prepared shopper. So think ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment